These books deliver a bunch of messages which are very critical to EQ development, such as:
1. Only change yourself. Change comes from within; it requires respect for self and others.
2. Don't assume, ask. Don't ever assume what the “other person” needs or wants. Try asking.
3. Take risks. Be willing to fail, but never give up.
4. Wait before deciding. Waiting improves thinking; become a “delay specialist.”
5. Genes are not a blueprint that predicts greatness for some and doom for the rest of us. Stimulus is what counts.
6. The higher both the quantity and quality of your relationships, the happier you will live.